The laws that cover most employees are the Employment Act 1955. This is a “must know” piece of legislation firstly for the HR specialist and secondly for all HR Managers and Executives who manage employees in all industries. This is a very detailed program starting from the drawing of employment contracts to the termination of employment. It covers all the obligations and limitations of both employers and employees, especially managerial and supervisory level who are directly supervising their subordinates during the tenure of employment and the human and legal approaches in an application of the Employment Act 1955 and other related Acts.
This program is specially designed with an insight into the provisions of the current Employment Act 1955, and to update the participants regarding the amendments and new provisions contained in the Employment (Amendment) Act 2019 so that proper planning and adjustment could be make for the compliance of the new or amended provisions as well as statutory requirements such as MTD, EPF, SOCSO and EIS.
(B) COURSE OBJECTIVES 课程目标
At the end of this training session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the Employment Act 1955
- Understand statutory contribution, duties and responsibilities under respective Acts
- Expose to the latest amendments of the Acts Identify the perimeter and rights of an employer / employee
- Be wary of the hefty penalties for non-adherence
- Gain confidence in handling of employment matters
- Conversant in implementing the minimum requirements of the various relevant Acts
(C) WHO SHOULD ATTEND谁该参加
Business Owners, Directors, General Manager, HR Practitioners, HR Managers/ Executives/ Assistants, Payroll Managers, Line Managers, Project Managers, Accountants
(D) METHODOLOGY 方法
Lecture, Group discussions, case studies, individual presentation and Q & A
(E) DATE, TIME, MODE 日期, 时间，方式
Date 日期： 10 January 2022 (Mon)
Time 时间： 9.00am - 5.00pm
Venue 地点 ： Doubletree Hilton, Johor Bahru 新山
(F) FEE 费用
- Early Bird Offer (before 22 Dec 2021) - RM 600
- Special Offer (before 4 Jan 2022) - RM 645
- Normal Fee - RM 690
>> Fee includes Course Notes & Certificate of Completion and 6% Government Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
(G) COURSE OUTLINE 课程内容
 Employer and Employee Relationship 劳资关系
• Contract of Service VS Contract for Service
• Definition of Contract of Service under Employment Act 1955
• Employees under the EA 1955 and Workman under the IRA 1967?
• Types of Employment
• Employment (Part – time employees) Regulation 2010
• Minimum benefits and/or entitlements under the EA 1955
• EA 1955下的员工和IRA 1967下的工人?
• EA 1955规定的最低利益和/或应享权利
 Wages 工资
• Definition of wages
• Payments and restrictions
• Deductions ~ lawful and unlawful
• Liabilities of Principals and Contractors
• Minimum Wages Order (Amendment 2018 & Budget Review 2020)
• Payment of wages for suspension i.e. suspension for misconduct investigation and punishment after Domestic Inquiry
• Computation of Payroll during MCO period
 Working Hours and Leave 工作时间和休假
• Rest day
• Maximum working hours
• Public holidays
• Annual leave
• Sick leave and Hospitalization
• Guidelines on performing solat during working hours
• Non mandatory leaves – emergency leave, unpaid leave, absent without leave etc.
• 非强制性休假 – 紧急休假，无薪休假，无休假等
 Sections Requiring Special Attention 需特别注意部份
• Absenteeism ~ Sect. 15
• Employment (Termination and Lay-Off Benefits) Regulations
• Due Inquiry / Misconduct ~ Sect. 14
• Breach of Contract ~ Sect. 13
• Leaves not under the EA 1955
- No pay leave computation
- Emergency leave
- Absent without approval
• 旷工 - 条例15
 Employment of Woman 妇女就业
• The restrictions and control
• The qualifications and requirements
• Maternity benefits & maternity leave (Paid and unpaid)
• What is NEW?
- Amendment to increase entitlement
- Proposed Paternity leave
 New Insertions And Amendments 近期生效的法令修订
• Minimum Wage February 1, 2020 (New)
• SOCSO coverage for Foreign Worker (New)
• EPF Contribution after Retirement Age (New)
• Act 446 on Workers' Minimum Standards of Housing And Amenities (Amendment) Act 2019
• 446法令 - 工人宿舍及设施最低标准(2019年修正)法令
 Preview "Employment (Amendment) Bill 2021 2021年劳工法令(修订)法案
(H) TRAINER PROFILE 讲师背景
HRDF Certified Trainer
Brian Wee was Head of Human Resources, Internal QMS Auditor and Corporate Trainer of MMC for a holding company of oils refineries in Malaysia. He holds a Master of Business Administration and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom. He also has a Certificate and a Diploma in Personnel Management. He is a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP), an Ordinary Member of Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM), PSMB Certified Trainer and PSMB Human Resource Consultant. Wee has attended a three days Effective Training Evaluation program by Ms Beverley Jeffreys of Chisholm Institute, Australian National Training Authority (ANTA).
He brings with him more than 15 years of working experience in Human Resource of large manufacturing companies. He is a Resource Training person for Malaysian Institute of Personnel Management (MIPM), Malaysian Institute of Purchasing and Material Management, UBS Commercial Institute, Open University Malaysia, Asia e University and UTM Space Executive Diploma Programs and others.
He started off his career in 1980 as a Senior Officer with the Ministry of Information where stayed for 15 years and gained extensive management experience. Later he moved to a Japanese based company where he was in charge of all spectrums of Human Resource functions. During that time, he acquired some Japanese management skills such as Kaizen, Zero Defect, JIT, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, ISO QMS and EMS Awareness Program and many others. He developed and trained QC, ISO QMS and EMS and productivity related modules for the Wilmar International Group of companies’ employees. In his present capacity, he develops modules and trains his employees and many organizations. He is also a part time lecturer for academic courses, namely Certificate & Diploma Program for Malaysia institute of Human Resource Management, Supervisory Module for Certificate & Diploma for Malaysian Institute of Purchasing & material Management, Executive Diploma of Human Resource Management for UTM SPACE, Asia e University, Southern College University and Open University Malaysia and Professional Short Course in Mandarin for Human Resource subjects and English Conversation & Communication Skills for User Business School (UBS).
His much in demand programmes are Effective Supervisory Skills, Purchansing & Negotiation Skills, 8D Team Problem Solving Methods, Total Preventive Maintenance, ISO QMS AND EMS Awareness Program, UTM SPACE ISO QMS Modules, Effective QA/QC Inspectors, QC Tools, QCC, Effective Communication and Motivation Program, Excellent Clerical Skills, Excellent Customer Service, Effective Business English Communication Skills, Report Writing Skills, Effective Presentation Skills, Teambuilding Program, Positive Working Attitude, Malaysian Labour Laws and Industrial Relation Laws, Understanding of Employment Act 1955, Handling Misconduct and conducting Domestic Inquiries, Effective Salary Computation and Administration, Handling Problematic & Difficult Employees, Report Writing Skills, Drafting an Employment Contract, Effective Human Resource Management, HR for Non HR Executive / Managers, People Management, Leadership Skills, Balanced Scorecard, Key Performance Indicators and others.
Among some of his training participants and/or consultancy services included Kyocera, Sunpower, TJ Wang Group (Accountancy & Secretarial Services), Lii Hen Group, China Press, White Horse Ceramic, ML Plastics Sdn Bhd, Yee Wan manufacturing, Southern College, Foo Yew High School, MITI, Police Academy (Technical),Champion Precision, JK Sumi Wire, Muar Ban Lee Engineering, Autoveyor, Southern Lion, Seiko Electric, CSC Steel, San Miguel Yamamura Plastic, Ornapaper, Umicore Malaysia, Alloy Consolidated (MTD Group), Panasonic AVC Network, Southern College University, Infineon Technilogies, to name a few. Mr. Brian Wee had provides HR & Quality and Productivity Consultancy Services to Li Hen Group, a furniture exporter and manufacturer, Omega Printer, Golpar Plastic Injection, Dian Pang Supermarket and others.
(I) ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION 报名/联络
Email 电邮： email@example.com
- General (03 - 5888 7357)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)