This is an advance course after the Finance for Non Finance Managers.
This hands-out practical workshop is a crash course to help decision makers like yourself, to gain deeper understanding of any company’s financial position through analysis of the financial statements.
This is an essential skills for all entreprenuers, board members, company secretaries, directors, managers and high level executives across all industry types.
You don't need to know accounting or be very good at numbers because this is not a 'calculation, debit, credit, ledger' workshop. This is understanding what STORIES the figures are telling and how they will impact your business decisions.
TOP 10 Immediately Useful Decision-Making Benefits
1. Understand the fundamental concepts and terms of corporate finance
2. Better understand the financial risks and benefits of your high level financial decision-making
3. Utilize all of the important financial information in planning to maximize resources and profits
4. Better determine financial weaknesses and opportunities for growth and profit
5. Know the intricacies of a Master Budget - how department budgets interact
6. Know how financial ratios are key to an Annual Report in determining liquidity, solvency, asset utilization and profitability
7. Learn to quickly analyze financial forecasting models to determine profit and breakeven production and sales levels
8. Understand the use of trade credit in financing the cash needs of your department
9. Quickly interpret and understand the terminology of any Financial Statement and be able to make a good business decision based on the financials.
10. Know what questions you should be asking of your Accounting and Finance Professionals in your organization.
MODULE 1. Understanding Accounting Framework
• Understand the different between Conceptual Framework and Regulatory Framework
• What are the Fundamental Accounting Concept and Assumption used in preparing Accounting Records and why these are being used
MODULE 2. Distinction between Types of Accounts in Financial Statements
• Differentiate between Assets, Liabilities, Expenses, Income and Equity
• Understanding the Accounting Equation
Assets = Liabilities + Equity
• Differentiate between OPEX and CAPEX
MODULE 3. Different Types Financial Statements and their Impact
• Statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income
• Statement of financial position
• Statement of changes in equity
• Statement of cash flows
MODULE 4. What Analysis Tools Decision- Makers Need to interpret Profit or Loss Statement and Statement of financial position
• Vertical Analysis
• Horizontal (Trend) analysis
• Ratio Analysis
MODULE 5. Evaluate using of Ratios
• Leverage of the company
• Valuation of the company
MODULE 6. Analyse through Detailed study of Cash flows Statements
• Differentiate between Profit and Cash
• Analysis of the Company’s Cash Flows
MODULE 7. Consider other pertinent Factors to make business decisions
• Notes to the accounts in Published Financial Statements
• Different between Published Financial Statements and Management Accounts
• Limitation of Financial Statements and interpretation techniques
Date and Time
- 17:00 Malaysia Time
Business & Professional
Class, Course, Training or Workshop